Sunday, January 8, 2017

Vihti by Night


I was contemplating going hiking when Jarmo sent me a message; he was going skiing to Vihti. I decided to join, and I'm glad I did. The late afternoon and evening lights and colours on the hill are great.

Amazingly, the hill was packed with people, even with the overcast, somewhat dark day. I'm happy they have good business.

I've not actually been to Vihti ever with all their slopes open, skied for the first time on the back slopes for instance.

I also managed to fall by skiing too direct to a big icy lid created by snowmaking. Yard sale, with one ski, both poles, and my glove all gone. No damage, however. And I managed to get it on video :-)




Earlier in the Jarmo had identified some off-piste opportunities:



Photos and videos (c) 2016 by Jari Arkko, Jarmo Ruuth, and Eino Ruuth.

No comments:

Post a Comment