Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Sepänkylä Parking Lot Bunker


Another guest blog entry from Jarmo:

Before visiting a very nice bunker in Fagerkulla with Jari, I went to a walk in a forest. The plan was to visit some interesting spots I had found from a map. I did not expect to see any bunkers but when I stepped out of the car I saw a bunker just a few meters from me.

The bunker seem to be of a smaller Soviet standard type with a gunhole at the top. Unfortunately the top hole was fully filled and no other entrance was visible. The bunker is next to Sepänkyläntie (N 60.157015 E 24.493450).

South of the bunker on the other side of Sepänkyläntie is a Soviet era stone quarry. And to the west of the quarry is another one just after a forest road.

Bunker and quarries are visible in aerial photos from 1956. (These photos can be accessed from https://kirkkonummi.karttatiimi.fi/; select first "Historialliset aineistot" and then "Ortoilmakuva 1956".)




Photos (c) 2017 by Jarmo Ruuth. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment